

Well, here we are again......Open House at the elementary school. As Trevor was reading his authored and illustrated book, "The Very Hungry Kindergartner", it was amazing to see just how far the standards have come at this grade level since our very first Kindergarten Open House 16 years ago. Trevor's classroom theme was oceans and the room was decorated so cute with creative art work, stories, pictures, and crafts that the students had made in preparation for this event. We love his teacher, Mrs. Langford, and will really miss her when he promotes to first grade. I just love the kids in his class and have really looked forward to my weekly chances to help with centers and random field trips. Aww, it is nice to do this again and just have the patience and time to enjoy it that I think I may have missed years ago. I have always worked in my kids' classrooms, even when I had small babies at home, but this time around is just different. A good different.
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I miss kindergarten. :)
ReplyDelete