Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Georgia Peach

Heidi received her mission call last week to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission and will enter the MTC on October 6th. Robby video taped her going to the mailbox and opening her call but he went back to Provo before I could download it. Another blog. However, because Robby has spent so much time attending BYU sports and "camping out" for tickets, he thought it only proper to camp out while waiting for the mailman. It was hilarious!

She has always planned on serving a mission, but I must confess that it has been really hard for me! We text every day and she is just my buddy and friend. There is no question that she will be a fabulous missionary and we know that there is someone, somewhere in Georgia that is waiting for her. I do look forward to sharing this experience with her and I know the Lord will continue blessing her as she always strives to do the right thing.







6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of all the kids on the front lawn. So excited for Heidi. She will be an awesome missionary...you must be so proud of that beautiful daughter of yours!! Such great things your kids are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The camping out is sooo funny! I love that daughter of yours, she is amazing. I'm glad you are my friend, I can't wait to experience this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Heidi! I am beyond excited for you. Alison-just call me when you miss her and I will remind you how awesome sister missionaries are when they are as capable as your daughter!!! 18 months will fly by, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi the Wilkins family is so excited for you! You are going to make an incredible missionary! Treasure every moment of your mission. It will be one of the most important things you ever do.

    Congratulations on your call!

    ReplyDelete