Friday, July 23, 2010

A Sad State of "Affairs"

I read the obituaries every day in The Sacramento Bee. Morbid, I know, but I grew up in Sacramento and I just want to be informed. Whatever. Today I read this obituary and felt sad.....for everyone.

"(1936-2010) died of bone cancer. He is survived by ......., his wife of 51 years, son....., grandkids (they list 3), all of whom adored him. He was well known around the local bars, where he successfully led a double life, which led he said, to having several affairs. At his request, no services are being held."

Need I say more?

5 comments:

  1. Seriously...Why would those be the last thoughts the family publish of him in the paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most random obituary! I'm sure you've read some interesting ones if you read them everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They didn't even let him go out with a shred of dignity. Makes you think about what legacy you will leave behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably the best way to avoid catfights at the funeral! Super interesting...

    ReplyDelete