Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I Love to See the Temple"

I made a very big commitment last September to attend the temple weekly with my super great friend, Alisa Pierce. We go every Thursday. One day we missed and she called me the next day and told me she had been grouchy all day and realized it was because we had not been at the temple. I was feeling the same way. Neither of us expected that blessing of attending the temple regularly.
Now, before you all think I am going to be translated tomorrow or even any minute, I was not good about attending regularly. I always had a million reasons why I couldn't attend more regularly. I am really feeling the blessings of attending, and not any that I could really explain. It's just the feeling of going. Another great blessing is friendship. Alisa and I never lack for words. We talk non-stop ALL the way there and ALL the way home, and try like crazy to not talk during the session! We have our little secrets at the temple and they bring smiles (we would sound blasphemous if we told you!) and today the officiator asked us afterwards what we were giggling about in there. Yikes, we had to tell him. We have the most gut wrenching talks.....we laugh, we cry, we contemplate, we plan, and......we eat at Chipotle every week. The week we missed, we talked on the phone and still ate Chipotle food at her home! That strengthening of friendship is one of the greatest blessings of attending regularly. As you all know, it's so nice to have a friend that you can share your guts with and know it's okay. Love her!
Finally, my parents work at the temple on the same day. My dad is a sealer and waits for those in our session who are going on to do some sealings. So, unless we are way in the back, my dad is usually the first one I see when I enter the Celestial Room. I can't explain what that feels like to see him. Now, he knows Alisa and I are always going to be there and his hugs await us! It is a wonderful glimpse of heaven.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds SO nice. Other than going with Matt, :), I can't think of a better combination than a great friend and a temple session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison, just had to comment on you post about the temple. I started going weekly when Michael was working in Utah with Mike...I continued until just recently when life got crazy again...it is such a blessing to have the temple so close to us...Mike and I try to go as often as possible...but weekly is best, and so is Alisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have been and continue to be an example to me. Thank you for sharing something so personal. (Alisa rocks in my book too!)

    ReplyDelete