Friday, May 1, 2009

A Boy, His Dog, and a Rainy Day

In August 2008, we bought a Labradoodle from our friend, Kristen, who was breeding her brown lab and her grey standard poodle. Heidi named her Chloe before we ever brought her home. We loved her the best of the bunch because she seemed to have a lot of energy (MAJOR understatement now) and had such beautiful black fur. Well, since August, she has chewed up our entire drip system, the fountain pump, most of my plants/bushes (as you can tell by the picture), shoes, numerous soccer balls, the hose, and I could go on and on. I, apparently, waited too long to train her. We are in training now as we speak. With all of that said, Trevor loves her! He will spend hours out in the backyard and just play fetch, talk to her, create messes, move buckets around, etc. and Chloe just follows her around. When it rains, Trevor puts on his rainboots, raincoat, and just plays away out there with her. It's very cute to watch. I think they will be good buddies for a long, long time. I don't regret getting her, but it is definitely like raising another child! But she does look so cute when she comes in for the night and just lays down and looks so content.

2 comments: