Well....in an aforementioned blog, I bragged about my creative abilities to see just how conservative I could really be in my life. Last night, the night before trash day, I realized that the oranges needed to be tossed, but in my ever conservative ways, I thought I would at least try to squeeze as much juice as I could out of them for fresh orange juice. I was moving along well with my fabulous ever-so-sharp Cutco knives, when...whack! Somehow my finger was right in the way of the knife! Jeff was working late, the boys were at Mutual, and Trevor was just watching mindless t.v. Blood went everywhere! I couldn't get it to stop bleeding. I really didn't want to pay ER fees - you know, I'm trying to be conservative (I say this just before I leave today for my usual $90 hair appointment!!!) so I call my wonderful nurse friend, Cheryll Cox, for advice. She comes over with her little medical kit and bandages me all up. I did the same thing while cutting break a few years ago with dull knives. I was "sawing" a dried loaf of bread to make bread crumbs and the knife slipped. Cheryll wasn't home so I had stitches. I am thinking I either need to stop cutting or stop trying to be conservative.
Cheryll and I visited for awhile and then I went back to finishing my oranges, but very slowly! This morning I have yummy, fresh orange juice - a price to pay. Soon after I finished, Trevor was climbing on my bed while trying to balance his glass of red Crystal Light. It spilled all over my comforter and the floor. I might add that it was the generic kind not named brand. I'm not thinking the conservation of not using a name brand created the spill, however. I cleaned it all up with my carpet cleaner (there are still spots this morning, however) and as I was finishing Trevor said, "Mom, you are supposed to be keeping your finger elevated!" Got ready for bed, and mother nature visited. And I thought St. Patrick's Day was a day for green.
1 Nephi 15:7-9,11
6 years ago
Hahaha wow. I think you now have a reason to stop being conservative....here's your sign ;) haha
ReplyDeleteHAHA. Mom, Marissa has a point. :)
ReplyDelete