Friday, March 20, 2009

"I Believe I Can Fly, I Believe I Can Touch the Sky"

Last weekend Tanner turned 16 and Ryan turned 18. They wanted to go skydiving for their birthdays. I have wanted to go for years and Jeff gave me a gift certificate 3 years ago for my birthday. Time has just gotten in the way of me going. Jeff, Trevor, and I took Ryan and watched he and his friend, Kyle Nielson, jump out of a plane. It looked awesome. We took Tanner the next day since you have to be 16. Both had a little issue with ear and head pressure. I have Meniere's disease and I experience head and ear issues daily and so now I am afraid the high pressure jump could send me into a full blown attack and I just don't think I want that right now. Bummer...I will have to find another thrill for now.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy kids. I am glad they both survived. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm... no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you come to utah (or go to San Fransisco) you should try Ifly. It's an indoor skydiving experience that involves a high power fan that lets you "fly" without jumping out of a plane. Probably not the same thrill but still fun. Jay has gone a few times and has had a lot of fun. They also allow kids as young as five to do it too. We thought we would take Sam sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete