I am here in Rexburg, Idaho after driving here on Thursday with Gaby Chandler. We had a great time trying to solve all of the world's problems. She was bringing Josh's jeep back to him, which had a tough time going up hills, but it just gave us more time to chat! After almost 14 hours, we arrived in cold Rexburg. We will be here through Sunday afternoon, drive to Provo, and then fly home Monday night. It will be nice to spend some time with Robby as well.

So, Friday morning I put on my backpack and headed off to class with Heidi. The wind was blowing and it was snowing, but it actually was exhilarating, if that could really be so. Her first class was her Developmental Psychology class. The teacher knew I was coming and she told Heidi that if I would be willing to talk for a minute about "middle age", she would give Heidi extra credit. Well, as soon as I walked in she thanked me for coming and told me I would go first. She asked me if I would share my greatest achievement or accomplishment, greatest regret, physical body changes as a "middle aged" woman, etc. So, up I go and she began asking me a series of questions. I shared a typical day in our family, my greatest achievement, my greatest regret, the best and hardest thing about being married for 23 years, physical changes (they have no idea what's ahead for them), where I would like to be 10 and 20 years from now - yikes - had not really thought about that so I was really put on the spot for something profound to share! Anyway, about 20 minutes later, my presentation was over and she moved on to the lecture. The whole time I am wondering what in the world Heidi is thinking! Heidi's New Testament class was awesome. I love going to Education Week every year for that very reason. Her next 2 classes were more psych classes, which being a psych major, were very interesting to me. It was really fun to just sit and learn.
I took her roommates out for dinner and just enjoyed a nice, relaxing evening. It is fun to just talk with them and listen to them. We are headed to the movies today, shopping, and eating! Heidi has really great roommates and she is in a great place in her life right now. She has her room decorated so cute! She is such a great girl, and I am having so much fun just spending time with her. I wish there was time to spend this much alone time with all of my kids.....someday!
Heidi and I on our way to her classes!
Look at you!!!! Your blog looks awesome!!! I knew you would join in! Welcome!
ReplyDeleteHow fun for you to go to class with Heidi! I bet she loved showing you off!
ReplyDelete