Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life is Good


I had such a great time with Heidi and her roommates. They are sweet, funny, kind, and adorably cute! Heidi is very blessed to have them in her life. So, you see from the blog below that I went to Heidi's 4 classes with her on Friday. Great fun! On Saturday, Heidi, Marissa, and I went to see a movie and then had dinner at Olive Garden. I truly could eat salad and breadsticks forever in that restaurant! We then went over to Marissa's home in Idaho Falls and had a nice visit with her family. I enjoyed my stay with those girls and look forward to visiting again. Carly had gone home to Colorado for the weekend, Whitney was with a "boy" much of the time, and Naomi, well, she is just the mysterious roommate from Japan. That girl is a blog by itself. Love those girls!
After I went to church with Heidi and her roommates, Gaby and I headed to Provo. We spent the night with her sister-in-law, Laural, who lives in Taylorsville. I grew up with the Chandlers (Laural is a Chandler and Gaby is married to one) so it was fun to see her again. Robby and Josh, Gaby's son, came to visit us for a few hours. On Monday, we drove to Provo. Gaby spent the day with Josh and I spent the day with Robby. We went shopping and then just had a nice few hours to just talk. There is an apartment that we refer to as "the girls". Everyone knows that Robby loves to hang out there and they are good to him. I took them to Cafe Rio for lunch. Stephanie Buhler, a friend that used to live here, joined us as well. I told the girls that I was a true blogger and had to take pictures. Unfortunately, 2 were not able to come and 2 left before I took the picture! Guess I have to just practice more! Robby wasn't as excited about his mom coming to class, so I just hung out with his roommate, Justin. He is a great guy! We had a nice chat until they all left for Family Home Evening and Gaby and I left for the airport. The flight home was so nice! Gaby and I had a great time chatting and driving to Rexburg, but it is a long drive! It was so fun to spend some time with her too, but no pictures. Darn!

It would seem that it would be a let down to have to come home and get hit with reality, but it really was not. Robby and Heidi have great roommates and are in a great place in their lives now and that makes a parent very happy. It was nice to come back to the routine of working in Trevor's class, taking and picking up Ryan from work, taking Ryan to voice lessons, picking Tanner up from tennis practice, registering Tanner for his junior year classes, fixing dinner, doing laundry - all today! But, it is all good and fun. It is nice, however, to take a few days off of that routine to be more relaxed to come back to it. It could not happen, however, without a great husband. When I told him that Gaby was going to Rexburg and Provo, he immediately said, "See ya"! I had not even said anything else. I am very blessed to have him and have the opportunities to visit my college kids and know that no one misses a beat while I am gone. I guess that is good that lifes goes on without me! Life is good........

2 comments:

  1. Alison,
    Sorry to lurk on your blog! I was cruising through peoples' friend lists and found your blog and couldn't resist checking in on you. When did your kids get old enough to go to college? Are we really getting older? So good to hear that things are going well for you!
    Christie Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete