Well, as many of you well know, I am not a big fan of cooking. Baking, yes, cooking, no. Most of the time I make the same thing over and over AND I never know who will be home to eat. A month or so ago, I decided to play a game with myself and see how conservative I could be AND to see if I could really cook creative meals for a month. I was on a roll - looking up recipes from the internet, bringing meals to anyone that was sick or down - AND having it mostly finished by early afternoon. Yes, pat, pat on my back.
Trevor is a very picky eater! His father thinks it's funny to bribe him with $1 to just get him to try new foods. New foods - that's the thing at our house now. Well, yesterday I was thinking that a tortialla soup would be fun to make and to bring to a friend who just had foot surgery. I found a crockpot recipe - cooked the chicken, chopped the onions, minced the garlic, etc. etc. and had it in the crockpot by 8:45 a.m. I also found a fun way to make homemade tortilla strips to put in the soup. Trevor came home and ate all the tortilla strips! I was thinking I was pretty good! The soup look and smelled great! WELL, Trevor actually tried it and wanted a full bowl. Jeff was not home yet so he did without the bribe. However, when Jeff came home and he proudly told him of his new food of choice, he asked, "Can I have my dollar now?" Then he said, "Mom, you are the best cook in the whole world. You should be on one of those cooking shows". This child only eats pasta and chicken nuggets. I watch sports, not cooking shows (maybe I should) so I'm not sure how he knew there were cooking shows. Go figure, a tortilla soup and baked tortilla chips could make me famous in a child's eyes.
1 Nephi 15:7-9,11
6 years ago
So I just decided you need to come back and bring trevor with you! Heidi tells us stories about him all the time and he sounds so funny!!
ReplyDeleteHAHA. I totally love the dollar bribe. Dad even gives me a dollar to bribe Trevor. Whatever works, right? :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute kid! What is that recipe? I need it. I can't cook either; I would much rather bake too.
ReplyDeletethat boy knows how to get some money. We do an eating race for the girls. It's cause we don't have the bills like Jeff. hee hee!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good recipe. I'll trade you for my crockpot chocolate cake one! Anything that is "picky kid tested, mother approved" is defintely worth a shot.
ReplyDelete