Friday, February 12, 2010

Let the Games Begin......


I love sports, but I especially love the Olympics. I love the Olympics because it is 24 hour sports, but more importantly, because I love to hear the stories. Every good athlete at the Olympics has a story - a story of triumph over tragedy. They didn't get to the Olympics because life was easy. They all have goals, determination, fortitude and the will to carry on despite major setbacks. I am excited to see what I will learn from this year's winter Olympics.

On a side note, Sochi, Russia will be the host of the 2014 winter Olympics. Robby was actually serving in the city of Sochi when they received the news of being the host city. The excitement was so grand that the missionaries had to stay inside their apartment for a few days for safety reasons. Who would have ever thought we would ever have an international Olympic torch passing through the country of Russia. Another story of triumph over tragedy.

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting to follow the UT based Olympians, all courtesy of the terrific training facilities built for the SLC 2002 Olympics.Because of the Soldier Hollow cross country we have quite a few considered "locals". Fortunately, the expenses of these facilities are still being repaid.

    ReplyDelete