Wednesday, September 2, 2009

From Chick Magnet to Principal's Office

Well, I could brag and tell you all that I canned 24 quarts of applesauce, 3 pints of pearsauce, 4 quarts of applesauce, got free stuff at Target using coupons (all of this thanks to Gaby Chandler), but my bragging comes to an end, unless I find the following brag worthy.

Today Trevor's teacher asked me if he came home itching yesterday. She said, "Alison, Trevor is a chick magnet, that's all I can say. All of the girls were throwing grass at him yesterday and they all admitted it and he wasn't running away." I said, "He needs to be playing with his GUY friends at basketball, soccer, and all of the things he loves to do at recess. She agreed and talked to him and the girls." Well, recess wasn't an issue today because he spent both of them in the principal's office! He forgot his library book - no morning recess -and he and another boy were singing during math time and lost his lost lunch recess. Trevor actually told me about the missed recesses. His reply, you wonder? "Mom, it wasn't bad at all because Mr. Martinez (the principal) let us read, so see, it was good because we got to read." I kindly explained to him that going to the principal's office was NOT a good thing and he wins the award for being the first of my kids to end up in that office at that school. His STERN reply??? "MOM, I thought you wanted me to learn and so I was learning in the office." I looked at Jeff, he looked at me, and we both tried hard not to laugh and had nothing to say.

Ashlie - maybe he and Cooper will meet in there some day!

3 comments:

  1. oh man! what are we gonna do with these boys???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that story!! I am sure this is only the beginning. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! He's a little bit of a handful, isn't he? Isn't it awful when you should be angry at your kids, but you can't stop laughing? Honestly, that's one of my most favorite parts of being a mom...

    ReplyDelete