So much to blog, so little time, so lame to do it this way.
THE GOOD - All of my family spent a week camping at Calaveras Big Trees. Great fun! My dad took over 500 pictures that I now have on a CD - too overwhelming to just choose a few.
THE BAD - My long time neighbor and friend had to sell her house on a short sale due to so many mounting medical bills from her cancer. In one year, she lost her boyfriend, mother, and sister, and then a few years later contracted breast cancer. Her mourning and our belief of life after death, presented great opportunities to do missionary work. She did come to church several times and even had the discussions, but she fell upon some anti-Mormon literature and backed off. She always tells me that she knows she has a standing invitation to come to church. I was so happy that she wanted a priesthood blessing before she moved into a home where she is renting a room. I have talked to her every day since she has moved and she has been back over this way several times, and each time she tells me that she is so surprised that she doesn't feel sad when she sees her house. I think there is a lot of relief on her part, but she has even acknowledged that she believes it has to do with her blessing. Thanks, Justin Purcell, for being worthy to come and help Jeff give her that blessing! He is a good neighbor too! I so wish I had that time back to be a better neighbor to her, but since she is only in Laguna for now, I can have a second chance.
THE UGLY - Every time I turn around, scratch, lotion up, breath, I find another aging spot. The doctor tells me they are heriditary. Thanks, mom.
1 Nephi 15:7-9,11
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment